Film Festival Volunteer Opportunities
The Bosnian-Herzegovinian Film Festival (BHFF™),
which will take place on May 19 - 21, 2006 at Anthology Film
Archives in New York City, is an annual event, organized by
the Voice of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Inc. and the Academy of
Bosnia and Herzegovina. BHFF™ features award-winning films
by emerging Bosnian-Herzegovinian filmmakers or films that have
Bosnia-Herzegovina as their theme. BHFF™ offers three
internships, which provide valuable opportunity to gain hands-on
experience related to film festival organization, such as fundraising,
event planning, marketing, public relations, presentation design
and Web support. For more information, please visit www.bhffnyc.org.
Film enthusiasts and creative thinkers wanted!
Knowledge of region, language, and culture is helpful, but not
required. You must be proactive, reliable, have a great attitude,
possess excellent communications skills, have access to a computer
and Internet and must be able to make a commitment until May
22, 2006. For the third internship, you must have a working
knowledge of Dreamweaver and Photoshop. All internships are
part-time (flexible hours) and unpaid.
Film Programming, Fundraising & Sponsorship
· Assist with film submission tracking, screening of
entries, maintaining film submission files, and filling requests
for festival entry applications.
· Assist in identifying relevant grant making bodies,
help write and submit grant proposals and follow up with the
· Assist in identifying corporations, small businesses,
and individuals interested in sponsorship opportunities.
· Help develop sponsorship packages.
Public Relations & Marketing / Special
Events & Festival Internship
· Develop press materials, media lists and conduct media
· Conduct outreach to film institutions and film distribution
companies, as well as other relevant outlets.
· Distribute flyers, postcards, posters, and catalogues.
· Coordinate logistics for the Opening Night Reception
and Closing Night Party, as well as special screenings.
· Draft and send updates to BHFF™ list-serve.
· Assist with ticket sales, directions, ushering, and
· Assist with coordinating voting for Audience Awards.
· Assist press, special guests, and sponsors.
Presentation Design, Technical & Web
· Assist with presentation design and staging timeline.
· Help maintain www.bhffnyc.org and BHFF list-serve.
· Help the PR and marketing team with the design and
production of all the promotional materials such as catalogue,
posters, postcards, flyers, e-mails, etc.
· Assist with technical issues pertaining to film formats,
video/audio equipment and testing.
Starting date is as soon as possible. Interested
applicants should submit a brief cover letter and resume, and
should identify for which internship(s) they are applying.
Applications can be e-mailed to Almir Lucevic at
No phone inquiries please.
Updated: February 10, 2006